Maldon is a highly affluent Essex town, strategically located 14 km (8.7 miles) east of Chelmsford, 24 km (15 miles) south of Colchester and 79 km (49 miles) north-east of London. The town boasts a 15 minute catchment population of 53,781 people which increases to 94,293 people within 20 minutes (CACI Ltd).
• The contracted income provides a long weighted average unexpired term of 17.8 years to expiry (15 years to breaks), of which 42.5% is subject to 5 yearly RPI linked reviews (1%-3% pa compounded).
• Let on FRI terms to 5 occupational tenants namely Aldi, Next, Home Bargains, SportsDirect and Costa Coffee with vendor rental guarantees on 3 vacant units (two deals in solicitors hands), the park will provide a total Day 1 annual rent of £1,008,965, reflecting rents psf between £13.15 and £28.28 psf.
• The park is situated just to the north of Maldon town centre in Fullbridge, adjacent to the town's largest foodstore in the form of a 9,754 sq m (105,000 sq ft) Tesco Extra. These combine, together with the adjacent Lidl, to create the dominant retail offer in Maldon.
• Blackwater Retail Park achieved practical completion in September this year and comprises a purpose-built retail warehouse scheme configured across 8 units, providing approximately 5,753 sq m (61,933 sq ft) of highly specified, flexible retail floorspace and parking for 285 vehicles.
• The property is held Freehold and benefits from an open A1 planning consent with conditions relating to the sale of food and fashion.