The property comprises two terraced retail shops built early 1900 fronting the High Street arranged over, lower ground, ground, first and second floors of traditional construction having brick stone, rendered elevations, under a pitched interlocking cement tiled roof. The first floor of No 39 High street provides an extensive residential flat over three levels. The upper floors of No 40 provide additional ancillary space for the ground floor retail unit although could be utilized separately. To the rear of the premises is a now disused bakery, this again is of traditional construction under a steel profile sheeted, pitched roof. The bakery is arranged over ground and first floor levels. There is a further single storey loading area to the rear of brick block construction under a flat roof. The premises benefits from rear access and loading. There is also a walkway leading from High Street to the bakery at the rear.