The Collins Arms, 18, Higher Fore Street, Redruth, Cornwall – Redruth
Leisure property to rent
HISTORIC EDGE OF TOWN CENTRE FREEHOUSE
• REFURBISHED PUBLIC BAR & GAMES ROOM
• SIX LETTING BEDROOMS
• ONE BEDROOM OWNERS' ACCOMMODATION
• REAR COURTYARD & SMOKING AREA
• ENERGY PERFORMANCE ASSET RATING: C73
Collins Arms Freehouse is situated in Higher Fore Street, just off the main high street in Redruth. The premises have been subject to re-configuration and have six letting bedrooms. Priced to sell by motivated sellers.
HISTORIC EDGE OF TOWN CENTRE FREEHOUSE REFURBISHED PUBLIC BAR & GAMES ROOM SIX LETTING BEDROOMS ONE BEDROOM OWNERS' ACCOMMODATION REAR COURTYARD & SMOKING AREA ENERGY PERFORMANCE ASSET RATING C73
Collins Arms is situated in Higher Fore Street, just off the main high street and is widely regarded as a peripheral town centre freehouse. Redruth is an historic town, built up around the boom time which surrounded the extraction of tin and copper in the surrounding mines and most latterly has been subject to a pedestrianisation and upgrading scheme on the principal Fore Street.
Redruth is the town and civil parish of the district of Kerrier and is close to the main A30 trunk road linking east and west Cornwall. The current recorded population (2001 cenus) was12,352; however, has seen significant residential development on the periphery and indeed multiple house schemes within the town centre since.
The Collins Arms is reputed to be the oldest public house in Redruth and as its signage displays, the public house is thought to date back to the mid-17th century and was most probably formerly two cottages, or indeed given the wide arched doorway may have been a coaching house.
Today, the Collins Arms enjoys very strong local trade, is c. 85% wet sales and the remaining 15% bed and breakfast sales. This community pub has 9 darts teams, 2 pool teams and 1 euchre team. During our clients 17 year tenure they have undertaken a significant programme of investment and restructuring of the business, most recently the creation of a new bar and separate seating area and the inclusion of 6 guest letting bedrooms.
The business principally trades as an evening venue Monday Saturday from 5.00 pm to 12 midnight and on Sunday 4.00 pm to midnight. The business is presented in very good order and an internal inspection is highly recommended.
Public Bar: 5.85m x 5.62m. Two windows to the front elevation, solid oak bar with 10 pump heads, reupholstered seating and chairs, new carpet and flooring. Behind Bar and with external (side alley).
Cellar: 2.33m x 2.11m, door to rear courtyard and side access for deliveries.
Entrance Porch into:- Games/Seating Area: 7.4m x 5.87m, two windows to front elevation, spacious and delightful room with defined area for darts, pool table and seating, new carpet and commercial flooring.
Kitchen: 3.45m. X 2.35m. Well-equipped kitchen with 7-ring commercial gas cooker with double oven below, extraction over. Matching base and wall units, built-in stainless steel draining unit. Tiled walls. Door and window to rear elevation.
Large landing with seating area, two windows to rear elevation: Landing: Two windows to rear elevation, space for seating.
Double bedroom : Two windows to front elevation, en-suite shower and built-in wardrobe/storage cupboard.
Bedroom 1: Double room, window to front, vanity unit.
Shower room: Well appointed shower room, low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, window to rear elevation.
Laundry Room: 5.81m x 2.42m with sink and range of base units.
We understand the business currently holds a premises licence in respect of sale of liquor on and off the premises.
This leisure property to rent is located in Redruth.