• A substantial two-storey Trade Counter and Showroom building.
• With office wing and a variety of ancillary stores including a former Drayman s Cottage and stable.
• In all c. 6,450 sq ft. and set round a gated tarmac yard.
A substantial two-storey Trade Counter and Showroom building.
With office wing and a variety of ancillary stores including a former Drayman�s Cottage and stable.
The main property comprises a sturdy two storey business premises of brick construction with clear span floors and plenty of natural light, built circa 1930 having a low pitched roof, with later ground floor office extension. Attached is a former Brewery Drayman’s Cottage with dove holes and stable c.1850, once part of George Adcock’s Thorpe End Brewery. In addition are a variety of brick built outbuildings and concrete sectional garage surrounding a gated tarmac yard. The main building comprises a ground floor trade counter warehouse and first floor showrooms both having good head room.
The premises has traded for the last 36 years as Doug Howes Plumbers Merchants and as it stands would suit a wide variety of other commercial uses. The property lies in a mainly residential street adjacent to the Old Brewery, Thorpe Road site currently undergoing residential redevelopment and St. Mary’s Hospital site to the rear also believed to be up for disposal for development soon. Subject to planning consent the site could equally be suitable for residential conversion and development.
Ground floor trade counter/warehouse: 1,949 sq ft (181 sq m) with double entrance doors, concrete floor, fluorescent lighting, original Crittall windows and four partitioned offices.
Single storey extension: 223 sq ft (20.7 sq m) comprising two offices and W.C.
First floor showrooms: 1,949 sq ft (181 sq m) with wooden floorboards, fluorescent lighting, radiators and uPVC double glazed windows. Partitioned Office: with Glow Worm gas central heating boiler. Wooden steps down to:
Drayman’s Cottage: comprising first floor W.C. and store and two rooms to ground floor
Tarmac yard: with metal gate opening onto George Street.
SERVICES: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage are connected. The service installations have not been tested by the agents. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries as to the suitability for their intended use.
LOCATION: Located to the east of the town centre just off the B676 Saxby Road, close to the junction with A607 Leicester to Grantham Road. Melton Mowbray is within easy commuting distance of Leicester (17 mi), M1 (21 mi), Grantham (16 mi), A1 (18 mi), Nottingham (21 mi). The town is has good rail links to Leicester and Peterborough and nearby intercity service to London from both Grantham and Leicester.
This commercial property for sale is located in Melton Mowbray
Disclaimer. Property descriptions, images and related information displayed on this page are based on marketing materials found on the website registered to Shouler & Son. Realla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Shouler & Son for full details and further information.